kajak.ee

Reede, 25 Mai 2018
Tere, Külaline -
Formal procedure for sea kajaking in Eesti
Forum in foreign language about Paddling in Estonia. Ask questions in English, Finnish or Russian. Before asking questions you have to register (Estonian word Registreeru, confirm your registration by e-mail and log in (Logi sisse). Then ask away.

See you on the water!
  • Lehekülg:

Formal procedure for sea kajaking in Eesti
Facebook Twitter Delicious Digg FriendFeed Linkedin Reddit Stumbleupon MySpace Technorati Blogger Wordpress

Formal procedure for sea kajaking in Eesti 08.07.2011 11:19 #7720

• Smilga
  • POLE LEHEL
  • Juunior kirjatsura
Hi

Questions about formal procedure for sea kajaking in Eesti

Did I understand right that before going somewhere I need to call to
Läänerannikul 440 1300
(we are going to Muhu vain)

If yes. What information needed

Anything else required

Can somebody please explain how it works

Other thing
If we plan to cross Matsalu laht
I understand that there is nature park
Is there any limitations for kayaking

Best Regards
mARIS

Re:Formal procedure for sea kajaking in Eesti 08.07.2011 12:21 #7722

• Erx
  • POLE LEHEL
  • Moderaator
Hi,

About the Sea Rescue service. It works so that you call them before you head to the sea. Say where you are heading, when you plan to get there and how many people/vessels and your phone number. Once there you call again and report that you are there. So basically you might give several calls a day.

It is not required, but it is strongly recommended and a good habit nowadays I would say.
The point being that in case you have not reported after the crossing they will first try to call you and if no answer the search for the group will begin.

There is no cost associated and Rescue service can not prohibit you to paddle. You just inform them as a precaution.

Matsalu
There are limitations in Matsalu. If you do not paddle near the islets and do not land in any of them it should be ok to cross. You just need to inform Matsalu nature reserve I guess. I hope somebody could verify this.
Mul jalad põhjas. Kas põhi ongi käes?

Re:Formal procedure for sea kajaking in Eesti 08.07.2011 12:50 #7723

• Smilga
  • POLE LEHEL
  • Juunior kirjatsura
Thank you

About procedure clear

About Matsalu
Actually we plan to stay at night in Papilaid (which is not in laht but still in nature park)
and stop on some other islands as well (Kakrarahu can be choice) but as we plan to use primuses I hope it would be OK
(I have found that they offering boot trips in Matsalu nature park, so I hope that one more trip should be ok

mARIS

Re:Formal procedure for sea kajaking in Eesti 08.07.2011 14:23 #7725

• Maert
  • POLE LEHEL
  • Seenior kirjatsura
About Matsalu, I think it is best to contact with national park administration (e-mail See e-posti aadress on spämmirobotite eest kaitstud. Selle nägemiseks peab su veebilehitsejas olema JavaSkript sisse lülitatud. should be ok) and describe them Your plans.

Re:Formal procedure for sea kajaking in Eesti 08.07.2011 16:11 #7726

• Smilga
  • POLE LEHEL
  • Juunior kirjatsura
Thank you
I will do that

Re:Formal procedure for sea kajaking in Eesti 08.07.2011 19:11 #7727

• Mart
  • POLE LEHEL
  • Ekspert kirjatsura
As much as I know any kind of paddlin in Matsalu islets at present time of the year is strictly prohibited
  • Lehekülg:
Lehekülje loomise kiirus: 0.16 sekundit